Skip to main content

Statistical information on Technical Innovation in Brazil

Item Preview

texts
Statistical information on Technical Innovation in Brazil


Published 1997
SHOW MORE


Project proposal for a system of statistical information on technical innovation in Brazil. Rio de Janeiro, IBGE.
Most Research and Development activities in Brazil so far have been public. The usual estimate is that about 80% of the resources for R&D in Brazil are provided and spent by the public sector, but information about the other 20% is scant, and used to be attributed in large part to state-owned corporations (Petrobrás, Telebrás, Eletrobrás, etc.), most of which are now being privatized. This situation is clearly inadequate, and the government's intention is to increase the weight of the productive and private sector's participation in the R&D effort. PADCT III is supposed to help this effort at redirection, by strengthening Brazil's R&D capabilities and linking it more directly to the productive sector. Also inadequate is the traditional emphasis placed in Brazil on the higher end of the broad spectrum of science and technology activities, characterized by complex technologies and basic research, to the detriment of activities such as piece-meal innovation and adaptation. Countries where science and technology are actively used for the common good cover the whole spectrum, or give more weight to innovation, which takes place within the productive sector, than to basic research and complex technological development, typical of academic institutions, specialized institutes and high technology industries.


Year 1997
Language English
Collection simonschwartzman; additional_collections

comment
Reviews

There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write a review.
SIMILAR ITEMS (based on metadata)
Collected texts of Simon Schwartzman
by Simon Schwartzman
texts
eye 65
favorite 0
comment 0
Collected texts of Simon Schwartzman
texts
eye 37
favorite 0
comment 0
Collected texts of Simon Schwartzman
by Simon Schwartzman
texts
eye 116
favorite 0
comment 0
Collected texts of Simon Schwartzman
by Simon Schwartzman
texts
eye 229
favorite 0
comment 0
Collected texts of Simon Schwartzman
by Simon Schwartzman
texts
eye 51
favorite 0
comment 0
Collected texts of Simon Schwartzman
by Simon Schwartzman
texts
eye 219
favorite 0
comment 0
Collected texts of Simon Schwartzman
by Simon Schwartzman
texts
eye 51
favorite 0
comment 0
Collected texts of Simon Schwartzman
by Simon Schwartzman
texts
eye 138
favorite 0
comment 0
Collected texts of Simon Schwartzman
by Simon Schwartzman
texts
eye 137
favorite 0
comment 0
Collected texts of Simon Schwartzman
texts
eye 114
favorite 0
comment 0